All general repairs and maintenance requests must be made in writing to our office. Please refer to the Welcome to Lewis Prior Home Rentals - Tenant Booklet - Tenants Guide to Maintenance - Page 14 - Hints and Tips, prior to logging your maintenance.
To make the process simple you can do this by using our FREE Tenant Maintenance Reporting App (designed for smart phones and tablets) or our Tenant Web Portal.
When logging maintenance please give as best description of the issue, make and model (if an appliance, air conditioner etc.) and attach a photo if possible.
Advise us of your instructions regarding arranging access so that we can process your request quickly and our tradespeople can schedule your job in. The quickest way to have repairs attended to is by allowing access for the tradespeople, you can do so by giving authority to use the agency’s keys to enable the required Tradesperson to access the property.
Please note that if you make a time to meet at the property with a tradesperson and you do not attend, you will be invoiced for the call out fee (if charged).
Whilst we hope your tenancy will be trouble free, situations may arise that require urgent attention. Emergency items are generally those that could cause injury to the tenant, a third party or damage to the property, and may include:
- Water pipes have broken or burst
- Blocked or broken toilet (if a second toilet is not available)
- Serious roof leak or gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault, dangerous power point, loose live wire etc;
- Flooding, rainwater inundation inside the property, or serious flood damage
- Serious storm, fire or impact damage (i.e. impact by a motor vehicle)
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- Faults or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure
- Faults likely to injure a person, cause damage or extreme inconvenience
WARNING: Emergency maintenance must be reported immediately. All emergencies must be phoned through to the office as soon as possible and then formalised online or in writing.